This beef casserole is great for you and your baby. If your little one is weaning, just keep a small portion to one side and blend it to the consistency that’s right for them. Adding in some butternut squash will get them used to new veg flavours too. Suitable for 6 months+
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g red onion, finely diced
- 200g braising steak, sliced into small cubes
- 100g carrot, finely diced
- 100g butternut squash, finely diced
- 300ml unsalted chicken or beef stock
- 1tsp tomato purée
- ½ bay leaf
- 1tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and beef and fry over a medium heat until they start to brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 40 minutes until the beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend to the desired consistency.