New to weaning? Check out our tips for weaning. If your little one has learned to love vegetables (or at least accept them), you can also try your baby with fruit. One fun way is by making a smoothie like this easy strawberry and banana one. It’s a great way to introduce new flavours in the first stage of weaning – suitable from 6 months+
- 50g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 50g banana
- 60ml of your baby's usual milk
- Start by washing your fruit well.
- Chop up your fruit into small chunks. When using strawberries you’ll need to sieve them to get all the pips and seeds out.
- Mix the fruit with the milk.
- Blend it or use a smoothie maker if you have one, then use a spoon to feed it to your baby.
Want a different taste? Try peach and raspberries instead, with the pips sieved out.
The recommended foods and portion amounts provided are a guide – always listen to your baby’s hunger and fullness cues and let them decide how much to eat