Add these seasonal vegetables together for a nutritious purée for your baby. They’ll love the sweetness of the potato and it’s a good way to introduce new veg flavours into their diet
- 150g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 100g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 50g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 30g spinach
- 10g frozen peas
- 10g Parmesan, grated
- Put the sweet potato, chickpeas, carrots and 200ml of water into a saucepan. Cover with a lid. Bring up to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until soft.
- Add the thyme, spinach and peas. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend to the desired consistency, then stir in the Parmesan cheese.