Perfect for when you haven’t got the time to cook, this tasty mash can be ready in minutes and is a good next step during weaning. The tuna and avocado are a winning combination and taste delicious
- 1 tomato
- ½ small avocado, stoned
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2tbsp drained canned tuna chunks in spring water
- 3tbsp drained canned haricot beans in water, rinsed
- Baby's usual milk (optional)
- Place the tomato in a heatproof bowl and pour enough just-boiled water over to cover. Leave for 1-2 minutes, then carefully remove with a slotted spoon and peel off the skin. Halve the tomato, scoop out and discard the seeds, then finely chop the flesh.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl, squeeze over a little lemon juice and add the tomato, tuna and beans. Purée using a hand blender until almost smooth, adding a little milk if necessary.
Rough & smooth
A whole avocado is brilliant for teaching opposites. Let your baby feel the bumpy skin – like a crocodile! Open it up for little fingers to poke the super-smooth flesh. Talk about the textures – rough and smooth all in one.