Try this nutrient-rich cheese and vegetable mash when your baby is ready to move on from smooth purées. Suitable from 7 months+
- 150g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 60g broccoli florets
- 4tbsp of your baby’s usual milk
- Knob unsalted butter
- 25g Gruyère or Cheddar cheese, grated
- Put the potatoes and carrot in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 7-8 minutes until tender.
- Mash the drained potatoes and carrot with the broccoli, milk, butter and cheese. Freeze any leftovers in an ice cube tray or small plastic containers.
Unlock a world of exclusive recipes, insider news and special offers by joining the AKClub for free at www.annabelkarmel.com