Make sure your little one gets all the nutrients they need with the veggie-packed rice dish. Switch the vegetables around and add in some of your baby’s favourites for different flavour combinations
- 200g rice
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 120g butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 100g courgette, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 30g peas
- 2tsp low salt soy sauce
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 150g cooked diced chicken (optional)
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the packet instructions until cooked. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the onion, pepper, squash and courgette. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Then add the tomatoes, tomato paste and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn, peas, thyme, soy sauce and rice.
- Stir over the heat for 2 minutes then add the cheese. Add the 150g cooked diced chicken (if using).