Fussy eater on your hands this Christmas? Get creative and add a little festive cheer to your dinnertimes with this baked potato recipe, which adds extra flavour with cream cheese, carrots, peas and a sprinkle of Parmesan
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 small baking potato
- 180g butternut squash, peeled
- 1-2tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 baby carrots
- Frozen peas
- A slice of red pepper
- A little cream cheese
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Cook the them in the microwave for 10-12 minutes on full power or in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6 until cooked through in the middle.
- Slice the base off both potatoes. Scoop out some of the cooked potato, making sure you leave a 1.5cm border.
- Slice the butternut squash into small cubes. Cook in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until soft. Mix half of the squash with the scooped out potato flesh and mash together. Season to taste and add the Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff both of the potatoes with the squash mixture.
- Put the large potato onto a plate and put the small potato on top to make the snowman’s head.
- Attach a small baby carrot for the nose and for the hat, attach peas for the eyes and for the buttons (you could use a dab of cream cheese as glue) and cut a smiley shaped mouth from a strip of red pepper.
Unlock a world of exclusive recipes, insider news and special offers by joining the AKClub for free at www.annabelkarmel.com