Salmon is a great source of omega 3 which supports your little one’s cognitive development. Match it with plenty of veggies and a light cheese saurce, for a meal the whole family will enjoy
- 200g skinless, boneless salmon fillet
- A knob of butter
- A little salt and pepper (for babies 12 months+)
- 150g mini shell pasta
- 150g broccoli florets
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- A squeeze of lemon juice
For the sauce
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 200g peeled butternut squash, deseeded and diced
- 250ml unsalted or weak vegetable stock
- 200g full-fat crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Put the salmon in the centre of a piece of foil, top with the butter and season with salt and pepper (if using).
- Fold the foil over the fish to make a parcel, then place it on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, unwrap and flake the fish into large pieces.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the broccoli florets 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion, garlic and squash and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in the crème fraîche and salmon. Stir in the pasta and broccoli until heated through, then remove from the heat.
- Add the tomatoes, parmesan and lemon juice and serve.