This zingy and fresh recipe is the perfect meal for your family to explore new flavours.
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 15g fresh root ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1.5tbsp plain flour
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300ml chicken stock or water
- 2-3tsp fish sauce
- 2tsp brown sugar
- Zest and juice of half a lime
- Half lemongrass stalk, bashed
- 110g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté over a low heat for 8–10 minutes, until softened. Add the curry paste and flour and cook for 1 minute. Blend in the coconut milk, stock or water, fish sauce, sugar and lime zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemongrass and butternut squash, then cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken, then add to the sauce and simmer for 5–6 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the lemongrass.
- Add the spring onions and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Unlock a world of exclusive recipes, insider news and special offers by joining the AKClub for free at www.annabelkarmel.com