This curry is quick and simple to prepare and is perfect for feeding the whole family. What’s more, because it’s packed with vegetables, it’s as healthy as it is delicious! Whizz this up into a purée for your little one so they can experience the recipe too. Babies are more open to new tastes and textures in their first year of life, making this flavourful recipe a great starting point to help develop their palate for a life-long love of good food
- 280g pumpkin, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 180ml veg stock (or water)
- 180ml passata
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 170ml coconut milk
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Add the pumpkin and onion. Cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger, garlic and spices and cook them for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the veg stock, passata, coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. You can keep it simmering until you’re ready to serve.
- Remove a portion for your little one and then season the remainder with salt to taste.
- Serve over rice with a squeeze of lime juice, a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of coriander.
- Purée the rest into a meal for your little one so they can try out the interesting flavours too.
For when you just don’t have the time to whip up this recipe for your little one, try Babease pouches for organic, flavour-packed food.