These quick to make blueberry pancakes are scrummy for brunch or a tasty dessert. Sprinkle with some fresh blueberries for an extra fruit hit or for a treat try drizzling some maple syrup over the top
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 125g blueberries, plus extra to serve
- Mix the self-raising flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the milk and 1tsp sunflower oil. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, then pour in the milk mixture, stirring to make a thick batter. Don’t overmix – it’s fine if there are a few lumps, so long as everything appears wet.
- Fold in the blueberries and set aside.
- Wipe a nonstick pan with kitchen paper dipped in sunflower oil to leave a thin coat. Heat the pan over a medium heat.
- Drop 2tbsp of the batter per pancake into the pan, making 3-4 pancakes at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Keep warm while you use the remaining mixture. Serve the pancakes with more blueberries and a little maple syrup as a treat.