A tasty twist on spaghetti Bolognese, this recipe includes flavoursome olives, chilli and garlic. It’s enough for two meals so you can freeze half to enjoy another day
- 4tbsp good olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced
- 2clove(s) garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Handful fresh basil, roughly torn
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes in tomato juice
- 175g black olives, stoned and chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft and pale golden. Add the garlic, chilli and half the basil and cook very briefly until the garlic is pale golden.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and sugar. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and mix with half the sauce.
- Sprinkle over the remaining basil and serve with Parmesan.
Additional Information and Tips
Nutrition tip: Eating strong flavours, like olives and garlic, while breastfeeding, may help your baby be more adventurous with food later on. Look for tinned tomatoes that have no added salt or are low in salt.
Each portion contains:
of your guideline daily amount