Your toddler will love helping you decorate these fun animal biscuits. Get the cookie cutters out and create a whole range of animals and shapes together
- 65g butter
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 150g plain flour, sieved
- 1tsp ground ginger
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Sugar flowers (optional)
- Sugar sprinkles or coconut (optional)
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Tube of white writing icing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until pale. Add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda and beat together until you form a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured work surface to a thickness of about 3mm. Start in the centre of the dough and roll evenly outwards. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters from the outside edges of the dough into the centre, cutting as close together as possible. Re-roll the trimmings until all the dough is used up.
- Place on baking sheets lined with baking paper and bake for about 9 minutes. Allow to cool then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, decorate the cookies.
Suitable for freezing (undecorated)
Recipe from Annabel Karmel’s best-selling Baby & Toddler Recipe App. www.annabelkarmel.com/apps-books/