This quick and easy mixture will make up to 20 energy balls. Will you coat them in desiccated coconut, cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles? Or perhaps a variety of all three… Find this recipe and many more in Annabel Karmel’s new book, Real Food Kids Will Love
- 160g pitted dates, chopped
- 160g cashew nuts
- 100g raisins
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp orange extract
- Cocoa powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Add 4 tablespoons of boiling water and blitz until the mixture is finely chopped and well blended.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Shape the mixture into 15-20 balls.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder, desiccated coconut or chocolate sprinkles.
- Chill the balls in the fridge for at least 1 hour before eating.
TIP: The balls will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.