If your toddler or preschooler doesn’t usually like avocados, the addition of a little tangy spread could change their mind. This easy finger food recipe doubles as a tasty treat for them and a snack for you, too – happy days!
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- ½ tsp yeast extract (eg: Marmite or own brand)
- 1tsp butter or spread, softened
- ¼ ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- Toast the slice of bread. Mix the butter or spread with a little Marmite (or other yeast extract brand) and apply thinly to the toast.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and spread over the toast. Cut into fingers and serve.