With a little extra flavouring added separately, these wraps make a delicious Asian-inspired dinner for the whole family as well as your little one – simply serve with rice. Makes a great alternative to flour tortilla wraps if you’re avoiding bread or wheat products too.
- ¼ (250g) packet lean pork mince
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and very finely chopped
- ½tsp reduced salt soy sauce (optional)
- 3 round lettuce leaves
- Place the mince in a non-stick frying pan with the spring onion, garlic and ginger. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring regularly until the mince is slightly browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the soy sauce and use a food processor or hand blender to whizz to a semi smooth pate consistency. Roll the mince up in the lettuce leaves, tucking the sides in to create a secure parcel and give to your baby to hold and eat.
If you want to update this for older tastebuds, multiply the ingredients by 4 and once the pork is cooked, remove ¼ for your baby. Add ½ (180g) sachet plum and hoisin stir-fry sauce to the remaining pork and heat through for 1 minute before serving in extra lettuce leaves to the rest of the family. Serve, scattered with extra finely chopped spring onions with sweet chilling dipping sauce. Enjoy!