If you’re pregnant, you might prefer to eat small frequent meals. This is where soups can be particularly useful. Why not make double the recipe and keep in small freezer bags so that you can just defrost enough for one or two servings at a time – ideal for those lunchtimes or suppers when you just feel too tired to cook.
- 2 onions, peeled
- 2 leeks, trimmed and washed
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Small knob butter
- 300g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.2 litre vegetable stock or water
- Finely slice the onions and the leeks. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy based pan. Add the onions and leeks and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, parsley and stock and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Purée in a blender until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper. If you have any cream open in the fridge you can always swirl a little through before serving.