Pregnant bellies, breastfeeding mummies and designated drivers, fear not! This warming, non-alcoholic Christmas punch is guaranteed to have all mulled wine sippers craving a taste. It’s perfect served with a mince pie in front of the fire while watching a Christmas film.
- 1 litre of white grape juice
- 500ml fiery ginger beer (non-alcoholic)
- 500ml cloudy apple juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 split vanilla pod
- 2 sticks of cinnamon (plus a few extras to use as straws)
- 2 sliced clementines
- 2 slices of lemon
- 6-8 cloves
- 1 star anise
- Place all the ingredients into a large saucepan or casserole pot, bring to the boil, stir and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving with a slice of the clementine.
- This punch is great heated up, left to cool and then reheated as it allows all the flavours to marinade and intensify – so it’s perfect made in advance.