If you can’t make it to the seaside this summer, give this recipe a go for a twist on the classic fish ‘n’ chips. Taken from Annabel Karmel’s new book, Real Food Kids Will Love, we think this one will be a hit with toddlers
For the cod
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g cornflakes, crushed
- 2 skinless cod fillets (about 150g)
- Salt and pepper (for babies 12 months+)
For the sweet potato chips
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Put the flour in a bowl, the beaten egg in another bowl and the crushed cornflakes in a third bowl.
- Season the cod with a little salt and pepper (if using) and coat each fillet in the flour, then the egg, then the crushed cornflakes. Arrange the coated fillets on one of the lined baking trays.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges with the oil. Then season lightly with salt and pepper and spread them out on the second lined baking tray.
- Put the sweet potato chips in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning then chips halfway through the cooking time.
- When you turn the chips, add the fish to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chips and baked cod from the oven and serve straight away.
TIP: Wrap the cod in paper cones for that summer seaside effect!