These calzones are perfect for picnics and great for cooking with your toddler. Simply make a batch of pizza dough and your little one can add their favourite toppings
- 500g pack crusty white bread mix
- 5-6tbsp Tesco Goodness pasta sauce
- 50g pepperoni, sliced
- ½ orange pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- Handful basil leaves, torn
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7.
- Mix the bread mix with 325ml warm water as instructed on the pack.
- Knead for 5 minutes, then leave to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Divide into six balls and roll out into a circle about ½ cm thick.
- Spoon a little pasta sauce on one half of the dough then top with pepperoni, pepper, tomatoes, cheese and basil as you like.
- Brush around the edges of the dough with a little of the egg, then fold the uncovered side over the top of the filling, then press and fold together to seal.
- Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper and brush the top of the calzones with a little more egg.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 10 minutes, then turn the heat down to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 and bake for another 5 minutes.
- The calzones should be puffed and golden.
- Leave to cool a little before tucking in if eating hot, or leave to cool completely before boxing up if taking on a picnic.