Receiving a card that’s handmade by your little one will put a huge smile on any family members face. They’re perfect for grandparents, aunts and uncles, and your child will love getting creative too.
You will need
- A4 coloured card
- Felt tips
- Scissors (adult supervision required)
- Glue stick
- Christmas stencils, which you can download here
How to make your Christmas card
- Fold one piece of coloured card in half as the base of your toddler’s Christmas card.
- Using the scissors, cut out the Christmas stencils your little one wants to use – the more the merrier.
- Once the stencils are cut out, your toddler can draw around them onto the other pieces of coloured card.
- Next, cut around the outline of the shapes you’ve created using the stencils and stick them onto the card base.
- Now it’s the fun bit! Your child can get creative and decorate their Christmas card however they like – add more colour using felt tips or decorate the shapes using glitter, stickers and sequins. If you’re decorating with a particularly small child, make sure you don’t use any small choke hazards.
- Once their work of art is complete, let your little one give it to their chosen recipient – they’ll love such a thoughtful gift!
Like this Christmas craft? Try our paper plate Christmas tree.