Show Dad he’s the best in the world this Father’s Day by helping your little one make this trophy-themed card
Even the littlest hands will enjoy getting messy making this Father’s Day card – and it will make Dad feel like a champion!
You will need:
- PDF template
- 3 sheets of A4 coloured card – try gold, yellow and green for a World-Cup theme
- Coloured ribbon
- Glitter or glitter glue
- Star stickers for decoration
- PVA glue
- Glue spreader
- Scissors (adult use only)
How to make your Father’s Day card
1. Print out page one of the PDF (the trophy) onto gold card and page 2 (the number 1 template) onto yellow card. If you don’t have these colours don’t worry, any colour will work. Let your toddler choose which colours they’d like to use.
2. Cut out the two shapes – this is quite fiddly and requires sharp scissors so make sure you do this step for your toddler.
3. Fold the trophy in half to make a card.
4. Get your little one to apply PVA glue to the front of the number 1 shape using a glue spreader. Then sprinkle glitter over the surface. Shake off any excess glitter and allow to dry.
5. Cut out two strips of card one longer than the other (we’ve gone for green but any colour will do), and get your child to glue them to the bottom of the trophy.
6. Let them decorate the strips with gold star stickers.
7. Cut two strips of ribbon and fold in half – again you’ll need sharp scissors so make sure you do this for them. Then glue these to the handles of the trophy.
8. When the number 1 is dry, glue this to the front of the card.
9. Help your little one write a name on the front – maybe it’s for Dad or Grandpa. Then help them write a special message in the card.
10. Get your little one to present it to their dad or granddad and wait for the reaction. Camera at the ready…