The perfect gift for mum, grandma or a friend that you can whip up from just a few household ingredients
There’s nothing sweeter than receiving a homemade gift from your little one, and all you need to make this body scrub is three ingredients from the kitchen cupboard – now where did you put that lemon juice?
You will need
- 210g of sugar
- 55ml of olive oil (or Johnson’s baby oil)
- 3 tbsp citrus juice – we used lemon!
- An empty jar (an old jam or Nutella jar works well)
- A bowl
- A spoon
- A gift tag (or coloured card cut into a gift tag shape)
- Coloured pens
- A length of ribbon or twine
How to make your scrub
- Wash out your chosen jar in warm soapy water to remove any labels.
- Get your toddler to carefully measure the sugar, olive oil and citrus juice. TIP: they may need an adult’s steady hand to help.
- Your toddler can then mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Your face scrub is now ready to go – scoop the mixture into your empty jar.
- Help your toddler draw on the gift tag and write a message for mum. Let them have fun with glitter and colour.
- Tie the ribbon around the neck of the jar and attach your little one’s gift tag.
- Make sure the recipient knows it’s not for eating! The sealed scrub should keep for a few weeks in a cool, dry place.
Did your little one enjoy this craft? Try these toddler-friendly activities to keep them entertained.