This clever Christmas tree is a great festive craft project – little ones can decorate their tree however they wish, so get creative with pom poms, glitter and paints
You will need
- Three paper plates
- Green paint
- Stapler (adult supervision required)
- Tissue paper
- PVA glue
- Pom poms, glitter and any decorations your little one wants to use
How to make
- Grab your paintbrush and paint each plate green – make sure any surfaces and clothes are covered to avoid too much mess! Tip: Invest in a wipe-clean tablecloth to protect your table from daily splashes and spills.
- Once dry, cut the three paper plates in half. Roll each plate into a cone shape and seal with a staple. Don’t forget: Adult supervision is required when using a stapler or any sharp instruments such as scissors.
- Now for the fun bit…let your child decorate their Christmas tree however they wish. You can try coloured pom poms as baubles, sparkly gems and glitter as fairy lights, and don’t forget the all-important star on top!
- Once their masterpiece is complete, scrunch up some tissue, pop into each cone, then stack them on top of each other to make your miniature tree.
Like this? Try our fingerprint fairylight craft.